Pulled Pork: A Slow Cooker Recipe

If you haven’t realized it by now, I really love my slow cooker. I think about half of my weekly meals are made in that thing, and they turn out great every time with minimal effort. The other night I pulled out a pork roast, and deiced it was time to make some pulled pork! The roast got thrown in the crock pot and cooked all day. By the time it was done the entire house smelled delicious! All I had to do was pull it apart, put it on a bun, and top with some slaw!

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork. Simple and Delicious Family MealSlow Cooker Pulled Pork

This is probably one of the simplest recipes I have done in a long time. You literally let the pork cook about 6 hours on low, pull and eat! Pulled pork is always a favorite in my house and we end up having leftovers for days!

I started out putting the entire roast into my larger slow cooker. I added in BBQ sauce, a can of coke, some apple cider vinegar, and salt and pepper. Then it gets covered up and let to cook on low for 6 hours on low.

pulled pork step 1

After the roast is done cooking, and the entire house smells ย delicious, it is time to take the meat out. I transferred just the roast into a large bowl and pulled it apart with a fork.

pulled pork step 2

Then I took out my favorite BBQ sauce and tossed it in with the meat!

Pulled Pork step 3

After everything is said and done, all you need to do is toast up a bun and eat your heart out! I like my pulled pork with some slaw on top. it gives it a really nice crunch!

pulled pork

Slow Cooker Pulled PorkHope you enjoyed this super simple slow cooker pulled pork! I want to know, what is your favorite slow cooker recipe? I am always looking for new inspiration and tasty meals!

Pulled pork is a family favorite around here. It is one of the few meals that everyone can agree on!

2. Emily says:

I love pulled pork and will definitely try this out when I’m having a family BBQ! I copied this post in my notes (my notes are full of recipes to try!) can’t wait! Thanks for sharing!

Xox, Emily
    CarefreeBlonde.com

3. Kristen m says:

Yum! I too am obsessed with my slow cooker, I have never done pulled pork but I’ll have to try it. I do love anything with apple cider vinegar also, just adds just a nice brightness, I bet cole slaw is a perfect compliment.

oh man. You need to try it out. There are so many good recipes to make in a slow cooker. I love being able to dump everything in and forget about it until it is time to eat.

4. Cait Weingartner says:

This looks delicious! You have me seriously craving a nice pulled pork sandwich on a toasted bun. I may just have to get out the slow cooker and set it up tonight for a delicious Saturday dinner!

5. Leslie says:

I love anything that can be made in my slow cooker, just turn it on and let it do all the work. Oh, this looks yummy. My tummy is growling hah.

I got mine relatively inexpensive..I actually have 3 lol I think it was around $20 on Amazon.. I use it multiple times a week, so definitely worth it

6. Krysta says:

I keep telling myself I’ll make pulled pork in my slow cooker but I still haven’t yet! Now that I’ve come across this post I definitely have to make it. It looks so delicious and you can eat it in so many different ways.

7. Jacqui S says:

I really need to use my slow cooker more. lol. I’m always finding great recipes but never use them. I work a distance away from home, so I’m gone from 6:30 – 5 every day. I think that’s too long for the food to be in the crockpot, yes?

Yes it would be overcooked if you left it on that long, but what worked for me when I was working long days like that was a timer. They sell them on Amazon and you plug it in the power cord and you can set the crock pot to turn on at a certain time. So if I needed it to cook for 6 hours, I would set it to turn on around 10 or 11 .. I promise the food is fine sitting in there with the pot off for a little while as long as the lid is on

8. Melissa says:

I do not use a slow cooker and I don’t eat much meat or pork but that sandwich of pulled pork looks so good. I may start changing some old habits for a meal this good.

Your slow cooker recipes always leave me so hungry haha! I’ve been eyeing one in our local shop so might finally grab it after I get paid x

10. Lianne says:

This sounds amazing! I don’t actually have a slow cooker but I really need to get one! I see so many recipes that I want to try!
    Lianne | Makes, Bakes and Decor

11. Angela @marathonsandmotivation.com says:

I love pulled pork sandwiches and so do my kids! I am going to pin this and try it this week…YUM!!!

12. Karina says:

Pulled pork sandwiches are a favorite of mine! And that slaw looks absolutely delicious. I shouldn’t have checked this out while hungry – I’m even more hungry now! ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜

13. Nikki says:

Yumm I love cooking pork in my slow cooker as well. We shred ours and then crisp it up in the oven to eat with rice and beans, or on tostadas!!

14. Angela Milnes says:

This is great! Great post also. Foodtography <3 I love it. The photos on this are looks so delicious and yummy!