Chicken Wings: A Delicious Slow Cooker Recipe

Chicken wings are a household favorite! They can be spicy, sweet, naked. There are so many ways to prepare this simple meal. One of my personal favorites is to cook them in the slow cooker. The chicken gets fall off the bone tender from cooking all day. Once they are done, you just need to crisp them up in the oven for a few minutes and you have the PERFECT chicken wings for any event!

These Slow Cooker Chicken Wings are fall off the bone tender with just the right amount of crispiness to satisfy any pallet!

Slow Cooker Chicken Wings

These are probably the simplest chicken wings that I have ever made. The prep time is minimal and the results are phenomenal!

Start out with your chicken wings and add them into the slow cooker. You will then put in any sauce of your choosing. I did a sweet and spicy sauce. All I did was combine equal parts buffalo sauce with BBQ sauce and a stick of melted butter. Once your wings and sauce are in, close the lid and let them cook for 5-6 hours on low.

Place the wings and sauce in the crosk pot and let them cook 5-6 hours on low

Once the wings are cooked to a fall off the bone tenderness, you will need to remove them from the pot. Place your wings on a baking sheet and baste them with some of the sauce. Then cook them for 5 minutes at a temperature of 425. Β Then flip them over, rinse and repeat!

Place the wings on a baking sheet and baste them. cook for 5 minutes on each side at a temp of 425.

Your fabulous wings are now ready to eat! These come out delicious and tender every time! The best part is that you can play around with different sauces or dry rubs. With minimal effort, you will have a delicious party dish or simple family meal. These chicken wings ended up being a big hit with my family! I think next time I will try a different sauce to change it up a little bit. Maybe a sweet Asian sauce or a lemon pepper dry rub. The possibilities are endless! If you loved this, then you should also check out some of my previous crock pot recipes!

I have never thought about making chicken wings in a crockpot, but I gotta say – that’s GENIUS! Totally will be falling off the bone and will have really soaked up the sauce! Yum!

They really do soak it all up. Baking them a few minutes at the end crisps them up a bit but won’t dry them out either.

2. Alicia Nicole says:

Thank God for the Crock-Pot! I love cooking wings, but it can be such an involved process. This is much simpler! I am always looking for a good Crock-Pot recipe. Thanks for sharing!! I pinned to Pinterest πŸ™‚

3. Sheri says:

I really do love chicken wings and when they are tender and delish, even better. I have never thought to do them in a slow cooker. A great idea!

4. Allie says:

This is incredibly easy and looks amazing! I’m going to try this ASAP. Have you ever used an Instant Pot? I have a slow cooker, but I wonder if I could convert this somehow to pressure cooker. Either way I WANT TO TRY IT! (:

5. amber says:

I LOVE using my slow cooker. On days when I have photoshoots from morning until night, it is so nice to come home to something fresh and hot without having to cook or clean up afterwards. Adding this recipe to my menu next week!

6. Amanda H says:

I use my slow cooker a lot. I had never thought of doing my wings in there first! What a great idea! Thank you for sharing this recipe!

7. Emily says:

Oh my goodness this all looks amazing! I was wondering what i was going to make for dinner tonight but I think this post was the answer. Thank you for sharing!

8. Tricia says:

I want to try these for sure! I love meals that can be made in the slow cooker, and chicken is a staple for our family. It’s just about the only meat that my son will eat!

There’s really so much that you can do when you have a slow cooker! That’s why i love mine! This is a lovely recipe, perfect for movie night with my girls!

10. Kimberly says:

I neve thought of doing wings in the slow cooker. I love the idea of adding some sweetness to them. I love my slow cooker and it’s so easy to use.

11. blair villanueva says:

I know, this is also our favorite at home! I haven’t encountered someone who doesn’t like chicken..Delicioso!

12. Allison says:

OMG my boyfriend would love these. I might have to pick up a sauce from BWW and make these at home. Definitely go with the naked option for a healthier touch haha. Also, I love slow cookers. Gives bad cookers like me a good name.

These look wonderful. My eight year old daughter has always loved chicken wings and from the time she was really young she called them “chicken bones”. We would go to a restaurant and people would look at us funny when she ordered chicken bones!