Unicorn Party Magic Wands

As I have mentioned before, I did a bunch of DIYs for my daughter’s unicorn themed birthday party. Probably the most simple one was the magic wands I created.  These simple little wants were a huge hit with the kids. It only takes a few minutes to make them, and they look absolutely adorable with the rest of the tablescape. The best part, they are extremely inexpensive!

Magic Wands | Unicorn Party | Fairy Party | DIY

Magic Wands

Supplies

The list of supplies is super simple for this. I got most of what I needed at the Dollar Tree. The only exception was the little tassels and the stick itself which I found at Michael’s.

• Sticks (the ones I found at Michael’s were super long, so I cut them in thirds)
  • Ribbon
  • Tassels
  • Hot Glue Gunmagic wands supplies

What To Do

After I cut the super long sticks into thirds, I wrapped them with ribbon. I put a little hot glue at one end and started rolling the ribbon around the stick. When I got close to the end, I put more glue to finish it off.

magic wand for unicorn party

Once it was wrapped, I added a little more glue near the top and put on some cute sequined ribbon I found at the dollar tree.

Magic wand

Then I added the little tassel to the top and it was done!

Magic Wand

See, super quick and simple! We put them into a mason jar that I decorated so all of the kids could play with magic wands at the party alongside their unicorn headbands.

Magic Wands Unicorn Birthday

These wands held up all day to a plethora of tiny people waving them around. The glue kept everything in place wonderfully! These magic wands make perfect party favors too. Each of the kids took one home with them, even the boys! I mean, who wouldn’t want to be magic for a day?

Magic Wands | Unicorn Party | Fairy Party |

That is such a fun idea. I totally want to make a couple of these for my two nieces. They will love them.

2. Raine C.S. says:

I have a daughter that would go absolutely crazy over making these. She’s so girly that this is right up her alley. Looks like we’ll be picking up some more craft supplies soon! Thanks.

I am SO loving these adorable, colorful and unicorn inspired magic wands! I want one for myself just to wave around when anything doesnt go right the first time!

4. Teresa says:

These are so cute. We did this activity craft project a number of years ago at a party we had for my daughter. These wands are always a huge hit with the girls

I can’t believe it’s really easy to make, it looks so lovely! I’m sure it’s a huge hit during the party!

These are so much fun!! Absolutely love them – they are so easy to make, like all your DIYs and they look really effective on the table! xx

7. Angie Rose says:

These are absolutely adorable. When I was little, I had a magic want and I would take it with me everywhere when I was playing. I would have been thrilled to make one of my own 🙂 So fabulous and creative!

Right. I didnt even realize it was an in thing haha my daughter has been watching this show called Mia and Me on Netflix and fell in love with the unicorns..

These are fantastic! My girls would love these even not for a party. Just a fun little diy to do. We are going to make some!