Crock Pot Beef Tips and Rice

It was another busy day at Coffee Mom headquarters. I had a friend over helping with some yard work, and a play date for my daughter. My baby is cutting teeth and I just knew there would be no time to make dinner. I decided it was a day to bring out my handy dandy crock pot and whip something up. The end result today was crock pot beef tips and rice. This was a winner for sure, and will be a staple in out house from now on.

A simple and hearty crock pot beef tips and rice recipe that everyone will love.

Crock Pot Beef Tips

I love my crock pot. It makes cooking so much less stressful! To make these delicious crock pot beef tips, it only took about 5 minutes of prep and some all day slow cooking!

This is basically a dump recipe. By that, I mean that all of the ingredients get dumped into the crock pot and forgotten about until it is time to eat! SO I added in my beef, canned tomatoes, (with the juice), 1/2 a jar of banana peppers with juice, onion soup mix packet, some Italian dressing, and my salt and pepper and just let it go.

Crock Pot Beef Tips

After about 5 hours of slow cooking, I added in a can of mixed veggies. You don’t want to add these in right away because they have a tendency to overcook and get really mushy if they are in there too long.

I let it cook for another hour and in the mean time I made my rice in my trusty rice cooker.

After 6 total hours of cooking dinner was ready! I served the beef tips over some rice and everyone ate it up!

Crock Pot Beef Tips

This is a great simple recipe for days that you just don’t have time to cook! WE even had leftovers for my husband to take to work the next day! If you want to see more of my epic family cooking, check out my other crock potΒ here.

Simple and delicious crock pot beef recipe.

1. tami298 says:

Ooh, this seems like it would be so good. I’ll definitely have to try out this recipe. πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing!

2. lmendel530 says:

As someone who used to make crock pot recipes all the time I appreciate this recipe. It definitely has motivated me to get back to it and I’m happy to see you aren’t using just an Insta-pot like it appears everyone is nowadays!

I keep seeing the Insta pot, but I have yet to get one. I keep thinking if I have 3 crock pots why do I need another pot that does basically the same thing. I love my crock pots and have a size for all my needs lol

3. Kristen says:

Thank you so much for this post! This looks so good πŸ™‚ Tonight is leftover night but I will definitely be making this tomorrow for dinner.

4. simplel2 says:

This looks delicious! I love crock pot meals so I can prep before dinner time! Most of the time, once dinner comes, I never have the energy to make dinner!

We use ours a few times a week,too! I feel like most of my recipes I have put on my page are almost all crock pot ones lol

5. Tendai says:

I’ve to try this. Sounds tasty! I’m not the household chef but feel encouraged with this dish.. Watch the space, I’ll be letting you know soon how i did, lol.

6. Krysten says:

My slow cooker is pretty much my favorite accessory in my kitchen. I am always looking for good recipes to make in it! I never thought of doing beef tips and rice with it! This recipe looks delicious!

Oh this sounds delicious! I love beef tips. Never thought to throw some rice in there but it must be amazing with the gravy!

8. dearlydainty says:

Omg this looks amazing !! I’m laying in bed and reading this made my stomach growled ! Ahh! I can’t wait to try ! xoxo

9. Tina says:

The only thing easier than a crock pot recipe is a “dump” one – my all time favorites. I usually can get my kids to eat anything out of the crock pot,too, because it comes out so tender! Any ideas for replacing the banana peppers? A few of us in the family are not fans!

10. amber says:

I just love cooking in my crock pot… especially in the winter! But even with spring approaching, I can’t let go of the convenience! Thanks for sharing a great recipe!

This looks amazing! I love crockpot recipes because they’re easy and you just throw everything in one pot. Thanks for this, it looks really good!

12. Carol Cassara says:

There will always be days when you simply have no time to cook and that’s what makes me thankful for crockpot recipes like this! Thanks! It looks delicious and it’s easy to make as well!

13. Jessica says:

That looks so good my husband loves rice. I definitely need to start using my crockpot more I literally only use it for meatballs seems like such a waste.

14. nmetolen75 says:

My husband would love this. He’s the beef eater in our family. I have a crock pot but haven’t used it nearly enough, even though we keep saying we’ll use it more. I definitely need to do that!

15. Kat says:

That looks really tasty despite the fact I try not to eat red meat. However, I don’t think that slow cooking is for me- I’m too impatient!!:)

16. OvenStruck says:

I have a love/hate relationship with my crock pot lol Some things are okay in there and others I just can’t do. Red meat is sometimes the better option as it breaks down and becomes like butter. This looks super tasty πŸ™‚

17. Lydia says:

Crock pot cooking is the way to go! This looks so tasty, I love making meat in the crock pot. It’s always so tender and flavorful!

18. Jazz (@JazzOnTheRun) says:

Just saved and pinned this one! I’ve never made it inside of crockpot so would love to try this one with my family soon!

19. Brittany says:

This looks so delicious! I’m always looking for new dinner ideas! My weeks get so crazy that I need quick dinner ideas.

20. Julie says:

Crock Pot foods are the best. Add all the ingredients and let it cook. My husband makes chili in the crock pot and omgdness it’s soooo tasty! I haven’t tried beef in a crock pot but will have it on our list to make.