Get Companies To Send You Free Samples By Mail

Who doesn’t like free stuff, I know I do! I  had heard from others in the coupon world that some companies would send free coupons or even product samples to those who ask. So-I began my company e-mailing journey on a whim. I did not expect to see much in return, but I was extremely curious as to what I could potentially receive for free in return for a compliment. After sending out e-mails to probably hundreds of different companies, I realized something. There seemed to be a trend among what type of companies send free samples and/or coupons and which ones send nothing.

Learn how to get free products sent to you just by asking!

What I Did

To begin my journey, I started by looking at all the products I currently had in my home. I made a list of my favorite products and began to search out their websites and contact forms. I would send the company a genuine compliment in my email; letting them know what I liked about their products and why. After the compliment, and even at times a personal story of how we as a family use their products, I would ask if they had a free sample program or coupon mailing program which I could be added to. It is important not to just flat out ask for free stuff from these companies. They want to know you are invested in their brand.

When I sent out an email to a company which I had not tried before, I would do a little research on the brand first. Look around their website and see what interests you. Send them the email and explain why you want to try their products and what made you seek them out. Most of the new companies I reached out to were health food and organic brands. I would let them know my family is trying to live a healthier lifestyle. Then after my introduction I would ask about free samples or coupons they may have for me to try out.

The Worst

We will start with the worst, and leave the best for last!

From my experience, the majority of your major brands are very unlikely to mail  free coupons upon request. In fact, for the most part, I received a very generic “thank you for your kind words but we do not have any coupons available at this time”.  When you think of major brands, think anything under the P&G umbrella, Kraft, General Mills, Nestle, etc. So in all honesty, unless you have a legitimate complaint which needs to be addressed, it is a waste of your time to send these companies an e-mail. I will say that P&G specifically though does have excellent customer service when there is an issue though.

The Best Free Samples and Products

Now that we have gotten the negative out of the way, it is time to move on to the fun part, the companies who would love to send you samples and/or coupons for their products!

It was my experience that smaller brands, new brands, natural and organic brands; those are the ones who will be the most likely to send you a nice little care package!

Enfamil

Enfamil sent me this very large “sample” sized can of formula for free! While I am exclusively nursing, this will be an awesome gift to a local mother in need. Most formula companies have mailing lists that you can sign up for and they will send out generous free samples to expectant and new mothers.

Enfamil.jpg

Freekeh Foods

I had never heard of Freekeh before, but I was curious to try it. This awesome company sent me a full sized package of their super-grain absolutely free along with a ton of coupons for future purchases.

Freekeh.jpg

Garden of Life

A lot of companies that sell protein powder will be more than happy to oblige a  free sample request. Garden of life sent me these sample packets of different flavors of their powders to try.

Garden of Life.jpg

Eden Foods

As mentioned earlier, many of the natural and organic brands send out free samples upon request. Eden Foods sent me this lovely little package to try.  I will say that the little boxes of pasta are delicious and great for making a small batch of noodles for my three year old.

Eden Organic.jpg

Liddabit Sweets

Who doesn’t love something sweet? Liddabit sent me this delicious package with a sampling of some of their products. The best part about it was the sweet handwritten note that came along with it. This company seems to truly care about their customer service (and the caramels were delicious).

liddabits

Original Juan

I felt like I hit the mother lode when this package arrived at my door! Original Juan sent me a wide variety of their products for free (all full sized too!). A few of the items aren’t pictured here, like their apple BBQ sauce (which we used on chicken and pork chops recently). Their customer service was impeccable and everything we have tried so far has tasted amazing!

original-juan

Organic Valley

Organic Valley is a great company specializing in organic dairy products. They had sent me this cute free package over the holidays. One free product coupon, recipe booklet, and an adorable cow shaped cookie cutter!

Skoy Cloth

Skoy Cloth was an interesting little brand that I discovered. I was looking for an alternative to paper towels and came across their website. After some browsing I sent an email. They sent me a really nice dish towel, their paper towel alternatives, and some really great scrubbie pads all for free!

Belle Chevre Cheese

A gourmet cheese company, Belle Chevre sent a very nice free package. It was in a refrigerated box so everything was fresh when it arrived to my door.

Free Coupons

How to get free samples by mail. Free samples. Free products. Coupons

While not all companies sent free products, many did sent coupons.

Mrs. Meyers

Eat Smart Vegetables

Yogi Tea

Earthly Choice

Method Cleaning

Orgain

Go-Go Squeez

Annie’s Organic

Mid’s Pasta Sauce

Horizon

Earth’s Best

Bolthouse Farms

Secrets to getting free samples. free coupons. free samples in the mail. Want more free samples and full sized products? Then head over and check out these Freebies for moms!

What I was about to take away from this, and I hope that you are able to as well, is that it never hurts to ask! None of these companies asked for anything in return for what they sent, they just did it with no strings attached

If you send out e-mails I would love to hear the reactions that you get and see what awesome free items and coupons you receive!

I will continue to update my free list as needed. Don’t forget to sign up by e-mail in order to stay updated on any new free products! You wouldn’t want to miss out on a killer deal!

1. Christine Cox says:

As long as you feel the effort you put fourth and what you received in return was a good investment of your time, then awesome! I just don’t have the time to email companies like this. Back in the day I would watch Spoofee.com for freebies and would receive a lot of good stuff in the mail. I can’t wait to have the time to do these things again 🙂

• admin says:

I was doing a few a night when I had time. It didn’t take too long but I spent maybe 30 minutes a night on it when the kids went to bed 🙂

2. To Give And Get says:

Originally, I started blogging by being a product reviewer and blogging about all my freebies. Seriously everyone, email….email to your hearts desire. The worst thing someone can say is no! My favorite thing to do was open an Ulta catalog and just go through an email all the brands I had never heard of before and I got 75% positive feedback!

• admin says:

I want to do some more product reviews. I honestly started this “freebie experiment” way before I started blogging. I have not reached out to anyone yet about potential product reviews, but I may in the future.

3. Georgiana says:

Several years ago I tried this too! Of course, I wasn’t nearly as diligent as you in sending them out…maybe only 10? LOL! In any case, I didn’t realize anything about checking with smaller brands. I think I got $1 coupon or something from one of the biggies. After that I never tried again. I guess it pays–literally–to persevere.

4. Lamora Coons says:

I love doing this. One time after asking for coupons, King’s Hawaiian bread company sent me a giant round loaf with coupons just as a thank you for being a customer (part of their family). That left a huge impression on me. I will always think of that company well.

5. Amanda Gregor says:

Love free stuff! I remember doing this a long time ago when I was a teenager and wanted stickers from my favourite brands to put on my snowboard! Definitely need to try this again! lol

6. www.crunchykisses.com says:

This is awesome! I love the companies who take the time to write thoughtful comments to their customers, it really makes me want to give them business over the others. I’ll have to try some of the brands listed that I had never heard of before! And definitely will ask companies for samples before trying them.

This is great. I had no idea there were so many freebies available out there. I need to try getting some 🙂

• admin says:

Other than this post, I do not. Basically I just found companies I liked or wanted to try, and contacted them via their email on their website. I would say what I liked about the products or what seemed interesting and ask if they had a mailing program in place for samples and/or coupons.

• admin says:

The best part is I got all of these well before I started blogging. So these companies didn’t expect any sort of review or social media posts in exchange.

8. Janel says:

thank you for this tip. In the past I have called companies to just share my thoughts on products and honestly never expect anything in return but most of them have surprised me sending me free full size products and coupons for more!

I adore this resource of freebies because I am ALL about getting goodies in the mail! Years ago I was nuts in finding companies to send me things. Now I dont have as much time but I still love it when I can score something to try out!

10. Terri Steffes says:

This is an interesting post. I found it interesting that P & G weren’t sending coupons. Seems like they always have a coupon going. I often email companies when making a big purchase and ask if they will meet or beat a price. I have had some success with this.

11. raisingthreesavvyladies says:

What a great idea! I am intrigued that the “smaller” companies really wanted you try their products. word of mouth helps everyone too. Hand written letter or emails that are positive make a huge difference. Congrats on making these great contacts.

12. Debra says:

How fun is this, I remember doing this as a child for a classroom project and got a whole care package back. It was so much fun! I should totally do this again.

• admin says:

It is like Christmas every day lol. SO many people are just afraid to ask. I started doing this well before I had a blog, so I know it wasn’t a review they were after.

13. Blythe Alpern says:

I would think that smaller brands would be more generous with their coupons/samples. Big brands probably feel like they don’t need to give back since they have so many customers. Coupons and samples definitely make us loyal.

14. Amber Nelson says:

Great ideas! I love getting free items in the mail. Trying out the products before I buy them is better than wasting money on something you aren’t sure will be something you will like.

15. Lacey says:

This is awesome. Good for you for reaching out to brands you love. It’s cool to get free stuff or coupons but it’s probably especially nice for companies to receive an email or note about how you love their brand…One sure about 90 percent of their usual comments are complaints or problems!

16. Amber says:

Thank you for this. I absolutely LOVE when I can get free products. That way I know if I truly like them enough to pay for them.

17. kcangel63 says:

I love doing this. Make sure to email Kings Hawaiian Rolls and let them know how much you love their rolls including your address. They usually send a couple coupons for free rolls your way.

18. cristinaleau says:

Smart idea. There are a lots of products I would love to try but don’t really want to buy a hole box and realize I don’t like it. The free sample idea is great and can fix that problem so easy.

19. natalielovesbeauty says:

Wow that is awesome that this is working for you! Love that you are sharing these tips too, I need to become better at couponing and finding the best deals!

20. Shaheen Khan says:

This mailing journey of yours sounds like a treasure hunt and you sure got lucky:) It’s really nice of you to share this information so generously. Love those freebies:)

21. Iza (@IzaAbao) says:

I would love to get some free samples from the brands that I always use. I will try to send them letters. We do get free samples in supermarkets here in the Philippines. They are from big companies like Unilever, P&G and so on. I am not a big fan of these multinational brands. I prefer to use the products of smaller Filipino-owned companies.

You can find their websites with email addresses or I heard people have a lot of luck with hand written letters mailed to the companies. I also like to buy more local 🙂

22. Cameron says:

While I haven’t heard of most of these brands before, it is nice to see they care about their customer service! I love to see new brands building a customer base this way!

| diaryofasouthernmillennial.com

This was quite fun knowing which brands will send out samples and what samples they’re going to be sending out. I think it’s nice to be able to try these without having to spend.