Embrace Motherhood. Embrace the Mess

When my oldest was born, I thought that I could do it all. I was a stay at home mom at the time, and I just knew I could keep my house pristine while meeting all the needs of my baby girl. Looking back now, I am laughing at my childless self. Very quickly, I learned that some things just had to be put on the back burner, and my baby was not one of them. Now that I have my second baby, I have learned that in order to embrace motherhood, I also need to embrace the mess.

Embrace motherhood. Embrace the mess

Embrace Motherhood: Embrace the Mess

Motherhood is amazing, and it is also messy! Since becoming a mother I have learned that embracing motherhood, means embracing the mess! Really, the dishes can wait and the laundry can too. Your baby will only be a baby for a short amount of time! I know, it seems frustrating right now, but I can promise you that no one will care how clean and organized your house is. Time with your babies, that is what matters.

As I am writing this, I am looking around at an office that could use some more organization, and I know there are dishes in my sink, but my kids are loved and happy. I get to allow myself time with them, time that would be spent cleaning up small messes during the day. This is not to say that I never clean up, of course I do, but it isn’t always my top priority. I try to spend a little time when the kids are sleeping doing laundry and dishes, but again that isn’t my main focus of the night because I also want to spend time with my husband.

Time is something we can never get back. It ticks away and passes faster than we realize. So embrace motherhood by embracing the mess. Enjoy the time you have been given, because that is all the time you have.

Hug The Mess

We all want the best for our babies and we all probably want to minimize messes at the same time! While nothing short of a maid or cleaning service is going to help you with those dishes, you can easily help prevent baby blowouts! Right now, Huggies Diapers are aiming to help you #HugTheMess. I have been using Huggies since my oldest was in diapers, and they still don’t disappoint. We have less dirty blowouts, which leads to less laundry at the end of the day!

Family Time

As I mentioned earlier, it is time that is important. Even something as simple as a shopping trip to Family Dollar can be a fun bonding experience with your children. I let my oldest help pick up what we need and the baby rides comfortably in his Ergo.

big sister helping Hug The Mess

She is such the little helper, and my bargain shopper in the making! I am an avid user of coupons to help my family save money. Because of this, I am teaching the children my thrifty ways.  When purchasing out Huggies diapers for the little man, we took advantage of the Family Dollar Smart Coupon to save $2.00 on our diaper purchase!

If you haven’t checked out the Family Dollar Smart Coupons yet, you are seriously missing out. Just create your account, and start saving! You use a phone number so there is no need to cut out paper coupons. You can find your local Family Dollar here. Once you are all set up, you can get your own Huggies Coupon directly on your phone!

Huggies Digital Coupons

After you have “clipped” your coupon, you just enter your phone number on the credit card reader when you check out and boom, instant savings.

The Little Mess Maker

My family’s littlest mess maker, is to blame for the eternal chaotic state of my home at the moment. He is into everything and trying to follow big sister’s lead. I say let him make a mess. As I have learned to embrace motherhood, I have learned to embrace the little moments. Little moments like baby brother trying so hard to open a tub of Huggies Wipes, or playing the drums on a pack of diapers.

He may be little, but this kid is a mess. That must come from his sister because boy can they destroy a clean house in moments! Now that I have learned to embrace this stage of my life, you can often find me simply grabbing a Huggies baby wipe to clean up a small spill. No longer am I worried about mopping my floors daily, a spot wipe up will do fine for now. For all of life’s messes, there is usually a simple way to clean it up.

I know laundry is one of my least favorite chores, and for babies make an obscene amount of laundry. They are so tiny, yet so messy! With Huggies, I have noticed less of a chance of “blowouts” which in turn means less laundry! This is one way Huggies is encouraging you to #HugTheMess. Less mess, means more family time, and who wouldn’t want that?

So what are you waiting for? Go get your Family Dollar Smart Coupon right now and get on the money and mess saving train!

Embrace the Mess

What are some of the ways that you like to embrace motherhood? I want to know, how you balance the house work and family time? Do you embrace the mess like I do?

1. Melissa says:

He is so cute but isn’t amazing how such a little person can make so much mess and need so much equipment and materials. Family Dollar is a great store and not just for diapers and wipes.

2. Kristina says:

I can’t stand having a messy house. I’m use to a clean home because that’s how I was raised. I clean throughout the day and when kids are asleep at night. I spend my days with my kids. Quality time as a family.

3. Dean says:

Sadly, I no longer live near a Family Dollar, but I still have Christmas decorations that I LOVE from Family Dollar. 🙂
    My oldest is 15, time flies, I make the most of our time on our drives from school home. It’s the only time where it’s just me and her, We chat and occasionally have a coffee date before picking up the littles. 🙂
    -Dean

4. Angela Tolsma says:

I don’t have kids but when I go to people’s houses that do have them and the mom is apologizing for the mess I always want to tell her it’s great that her house is messy. It means that she is with her kids. And sure a clean house is awesome but happy healthy kids who know their mom is even better!

5. Kim says:

Easier said than done! I have guests in my home daily, so I have come to accept that my house will never maintain being perfect. My Mom lived for a clean home and I don’t.

6. Dean says:

Sadly, I no longer have a Family Dollar near me. 🙁 However I still have some really cute Family Dollar holiday decorations that I love.
    I try to embrace my time with all my babies. I especially love my alone time with my teen on the way home from school. Her and I have long talks about life and occasionally stop off for coffee before picking up the littles. 🙂

7. daniella says:

Motherhood and life in general is a mess! It is great to get help though with the messed! So it is probably nice to have a nice product like Huggies to rely on to clean up some of the messes for you!

Haha bless I’m not a mum but I’m dealing with a cat/boyfriend mess on a daily basis and can totally relate to you xx

9. karen says:

haha – hug the mess is fantastic, girl! Love that vibe! Although I am also a coupon chick, I never heard of Family Dollar Smart Coupons, so will be checking that out to save more moolah!

10. Teresa says:

HA! I didn’t embrace the mess until well after the third baby was born! I used to spend hours a day cleaning after I put all the babies to bed. I finally figured out it was okay to have a messy home!

11. Cindy Ingalls says:

You can always clean, but then you might miss out on time with your kids watching them discover new things. Sometimes you have to embrace the mess and wait till they are asleep.

12. Cassie Tucker says:

I love your message. I know that your kids will never look back and think “Mom kept a really clean house” but they WILL remember all the time you are spending with them.

13. Brenda says:

Such cuties! I have only ONE friend that is able to keep her hours pristine with two kiddos. I have no idea how she does it, I don’t have any little ones and I can barely contain our own mess! LOL I do have to say, Huggies do work for all spills and sometimes getting out stains! I learned from all my friends with babies 🙂

14. Brittany says:

I have three little boys and they make it very difficult to keep my house clean. I do my best to make them help out but most days it remains a mess.

Isn’t this a beautiful reminder for all of us mothers. It’s not easy but it’s better if take it slow and just enjoy every moment that we’re with the kids. Even if it means leaving the mess.

Being a mother means dealing with all the mess but it also means being there for the family more than making yourself busy with the chores and all that. I think this is something that we all have to realize.

17. Momma Jones says:

I can’t quite get my head around embracing the mess, to be honest. My eldest had a way of making mess that would take your breath away – especially in his cot bed. Oh, the horror! 🙂