Best Baby Shower Gifts That Stand Out From The Crowd

We have all been there. Scouring a baby registry to pick the best baby shower gift for an expectant mom. It is a haze of blankets and bottles galore. It can be difficult to pick just the right gift. Something that will stand out from the crowd and the new mommy will love and will be useful at the same time. The best baby shower gifts are those that are not only adorable, but functional as well. If you pick one of these following gifts, then you are sure have the stand out gift of the shower!

The ultimate list of the best baby shower gifts that every new mom will love.

*This post contains affiliate links. this means that if you make a purchase I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. This post was sponsored by PepBaby. All opinions are 100% my own. Please see full disclosure statement.*

The Best Baby Shower Gifts

DockATot

I would recommend that any new mother get a DockATot. They are really, simply, amazing. I have one that I use for co-sleeping, but they can be used for travel, nap time, the transition into a crib from bassinet. They really are multi purpose and so wonderful for the tired new mother.  I have a full review of my DockATot if you are interested in checking that out.

Dock A Tot Deluxe

PepBaby Nursing Cover

The PepBaby Nursing Cover is another really cool multi-functional gift. Not only is it a nursing cover, but it also can function as a shopping cart cover and car seat cover as well. The multi-functional aspect of this item makes it the perfect gift for new moms. No one wants to carry around a bunch of different products, so this all in one really comes in handy. Right now you can get this for 20% off with the coupon code JJBCOVER

Pepbaby nursing cover. best baby shower gifts

Play Gym

I am not talking about one of those lack luster play mats. Oh no. If you want the best baby shower gifts, you need to gift an amazing organic wooden play gym. Fin+Emma makes an amazing one that will last forever. The best part is that they are rather gender neutral and can be stored and used for subsequent children.

Baby Carrier

Coming from a mother of two, baby wearing is the best thing ever. It allows you to hold your baby while still having both of your hands free to do other things! There are so many different styles of carriers, from slings to wraps, but my personal favorite is the Ergo. The Ergo is a soft structured carrier that will last forever. I have one that I used when my daughter was a baby. I use the same one now, 4 years later, with my son. So if you want to have a stand out gift, show up with one of these.

Bottles

So this might sound like a boring git, but I promise it is one of the best gifts to give. I personally love the NUK Simple Natural line of bottles. They make going from breast to bottle and back again a breeze. Mom will love them, baby will love them, so it is a win win! Trust me, functional gifts are the best.

A Boppy

Every new mom needs a Boppy and a Boppy Lounger. I have both of these products and I can’t say enough good things about them. The Boppy pillow is amazing for nursing or even bottle feeding your baby. It just makes it much more comfortable. The lounger is great for baby to relax in for a while, but not for sleeping!

Diapers

You can never go wrong with diapers. You can get disposables or even cloth diapers if that is the way mom decided to go. I know it might seem like a boring gift, but you can make it special. Get a pack or two of diapers and make a Diaper Cake. You can find a ton of ideas on Pinterest and even buy Diaper Cake kits on Amazon.

Camp Chair Highchair

I have the Caio! Baby Highchair and it is the best thing ever. It is light weight and I can take it everywhere with me. We actually use it at home as our every day highchair. So if you know a mom who likes to travel and get out of the house, this is an awesome gift that she is sure to love.

Gift Cards

If all else fails, get mom a gift card. I promise these are extremely appreciated. Some of my best baby shower gifts were gift cards. The reason being is that I had that extra money to spend on stuff that I randomly ended up needing. You can get her a gift card to almost anywhere, but I recommend somewhere universal like Amazon.

Something For Mom

Yes, the shower is all about celebrating baby, but that doesn’t mean that mom shouldn’t get a little something too. Some of the best baby shower gifts I got were things that were completely for me. You can do a fun gift basket with bath bombs, lotion, and candles. I promise, mom will love you for it when she needs a moment to relax when that new baby is here.

The best baby shower gifts that you can get an expectant mother. So there you have it, my list of the best baby shower gifts for expectant moms. Always take the mother into consideration when buying a gift. Everyone has a different style, and plans to parent differently, so just look at the registry and talk to mom about her desires.

Now I want to know, do you have a go to gift for baby showers that you always get the expectant mom?

I am loving all of your ideas. I like to be the person who brings THAT gift that gets all the oohs and ahhs.

Right, I mean yes it is all about mom and baby but people are inherently selfish so giving “the best” gift is important to most even if it is subconsciously

The dockatot is my favorite. My son sleeps in it so well. There’s a full review on my blog as well if you are interested .

2. Jessica says:

Everyone I know who was pregnant has already had their babies. I often worry that gift cards are not personal enough for gifts. I do think, however, that they allow the person to spend the money freely on something they will like and use instead of something they may end up hating, or return at a later time. It saves them from the stress of possibly pretending they like a gift too!

I loved getting gift cards. Lol while they may not be super personal, they are amazing. One thing to make it more personal, is instead of a card get a kid’s book and wrote a note to the baby in it and put the gift card in there 🙂

they grow out of clothes so fast! My boy is almost 7 months old and I just purged all of my newborn to 6 month clothes and there were so many, some he never even got to wear!

I got most of my friends a baby carrier when they were expecting – it was seriously my lifesaver when I had my oldest, and then my two other children as well!

4. Author Brandi Kennedy says:

This is a great roundup of gift ideas, and you chose such a wide range of items to feature that it would be easy for anyone to choose something appropriate! I with they had had a camp high chair when my little ones were that small – I imagine it would come in VERY handy for a space-saver family like mine.

5. Stacey says:

There are so many new and exciting items out there since my kids were little that I am at a loss when I need to buy a baby gift. Thank you for this list. I especially like the DockATot!

6. DavidElliott says:

These gifts are all essentials when it comes to taking care of little ones and would be good at any shower. Although I don’t remember anything like the dock a tot. We just had one of those boppy pillows that we kept B up with and she liked that, or her bouncing chair. Ah for being a dad of an infant again.

This has always been an issue with me. It’s a struggle to look for different gifts for baby showers. This is a pretty awesome list! Thanks!

8. Theresa says:

My favorite gifts were diapers and a few big ticket items that my friends pooled in together to get me. Having the swing I needed was really helpful!

9. Kim says:

Spring is the season for baby showers! I love having something unique from the crowd plus getting something off of the registry. That usually seems good.

I didn’t know that. Over here I think it has been a thing as long as I can remember. I think they are fun and amazing, and a great way to celebrate mom and the new baby! So I am glad they are catching on over there.

10. karen says:

I have never-ever seen a camping high chair! That is crazy unique! And I bet that it will be really valued by those outdoorsy parents! Love it!

11. Blythe Alpern says:

These are great ideas, especially if you don’t have a registry to go off of or everything had been bought off the registry. I know my sister could have used a dock-a-tot when my niece was little because she got into everything.

12. Megan says:

Really great ideas! I love the Boppy for moms because even if you decide to formula feed your baby it’s a perfect positioner!

My “baby” is turning two years old Sunday and I can’t believe how the time has flown by. It seems like yesterday I was looking at new baby products amazed by all that had changed since I had a new baby (six years!). This list is great!

14. blair villanueva says:

Your post gives me idea now what to bring to baby shower… However, i am wondering, for every baby shower, why we all gave gifts for the baby and not for the mom or dad? I mean they deserve more gifts just like their baby, right?